Job title: City Host
Responsible to: CEO
Salary: £20,500 p.a. Pro-Rata (21hrs per week)
Working hours: 9am-5pm, Thursday to Saturday
Term: Fixed term contract to 31st March 2023
Location: Chester City Centre
Employer: CH1ChesterBID is the Business Improvement District (BID) for Chester City Centre. The BID represents nearly 500 city centre businesses and is tasked with ensuring Chester remains a destination of choice for both businesses and consumers alike.
Job function: The role of City Host is to help set Chester City Centre apart from competing destinations by providing a point of difference. City Hosts will provide visitors with a personal welcome offering help, support and assistance. In addition, City Hosts will be the eyes and ears of the BID, engaging with member businesses, feeding back to the BID Management Team and reporting issues that impact the city, its businesses, and visitors.
• Greet visitors to Chester with a warm and pleasant welcome while encouraging a positive view of the city, its businesses, the BID and partner organisations.
• Keep up to date with and provide visitors with accurate information about the city centre and its retail and leisure offer.
• Provide support to the BID team at BID events.
• Recording customer interactions and City Host activities in an accurate and timely manner.
• Liaising with BID member businesses to build relationships, act as a point of contact and feedback issues to the BID Management Team.
• Making BID management aware of any relevant information relating to BID businesses and potential Affiliates/Friends of the BID.
• Reporting relevant information for action to the appropriate authority e.g. Health and safety issues, graffiti, failed streetlights, ‘sharps’ etc
• Responding to requests for support through the Co-sign radio scheme quickly and efficiently.
• Liaising and operating alongside the Police, Council Officers, Chester Against Business Crime and other external partners.
• Contributing to the provision of an extensive and daily presence around the BID area to maximise contact with visitors and businesses.
• Use of appropriate tools and equipment, including security radios, laptops and phones.
• Attending training courses to develop skills and ensure continued personal development
• Friendly, outgoing personality
• Confidence in approaching city centre users in a warm, welcoming manor
• Ability to build rapport with businesses and answer or report their concerns sensitively and appropriately
• Ability to explain and describe geographical city centre locations with concise clarity
• Ability to remain calm in potentially challenging situations
• Exceptional communication skills, when dealing with visitors, residents, police, etc
• Comfortable lone working as well as part of a team
• Willingness and ability to follow operational procedures
• Strong work ethic with flexible attitude to duties and hours
• Good reporting skills
• Smart, presentable and reliable
• Adaptable and willing to support the objectives if the BID
• In depth knowledge of Chester city centre
• Experience working in a customer facing role
• Experience working in a similar role
To apply, please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.