Digital Channel Manager
Chester BID is the Business Improvement District (BID) for Chester City Centre. Chester BID represents nearly 450 businesses and is tasked with making Chester as attractive as possible to both consumers and businesses. We work closely with public and private sector partners to drive footfall, encourage consumer spend and make Chester as welcoming as possible.
We are searching for somebody to manage our social media, websites, and online marketing activity. You will be tasked with creating engaging content and campaigns that promote Chester and its businesses. You will also be responsible for ensuring our businesses are kept up to date with the latest information and opportunities.
This is varied role that won’t always be desk based, you will be out engaging with businesses, helping with events and marketing campaigns and using your technical expertise to inform the BIDs digital strategy.
The Digital Channel Manager will apply an integrated approach to the day-to-day management of Chester BIDs digital platforms, including web, social media, email, and digital advertising.
• Website management including day-to-day development and updating of Chester BID websites, responding to all troubleshooting issues.
• Monitor website performance and Google Analytics to report on site performance and propose and implement changes.
• Create website content calendar aligned with organisational strategy and improve the user experience of the website.
• Develop, edit, and evaluate SEO and feed into content strategies, as well as working with external agencies on SEO strategy and implementation.
• Use of SEO tools such as SEM Rush, Moz to analyse trends, issues, and opportunities.
• Work with agency to develop CRO strategy using Google Optimize or another
• Program and monitor Chester BIDs social media output across a range of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn using the native platform or social media tools such as Hootsuite.
• Collaborate with businesses and partners to develop engaging campaigns and content.
• Apply the latest social media methodologies to grow reach and maximise engagement.
• Deliver a social media strategy that provides audiences with a consistent, joined up and enjoyable user experience.
• Evaluate new platforms and channels, providing recommendations on how they should be utilised to support Chester BID objectives.
• Monitor and respond to customer comments and messages across all platforms in
line with Chester BID Guidelines
Email & Digital Advertising:
• Establish regular B2B and B2C communication strategies.
• Exploit digital advertising and external assets to expand Chester BIDs audience.
• Develop email content calendar in line with Chester BID Objectives and BID Partners.
• Explore new opportunities for Chester BID such as Google AdWords, Display,
Programmatic advertising etc.
• Provide operational support, expert guidance, and recommendations to the BID Board & Working Groups.
• Produce high quality meeting papers and reports.
Salary: Up to £30K per annum
Location: The role will be based out of the BIDs city centre office, but we are open to hybrid
working and flexible working patterns.
Apply: Please email your CV to email@example.com.