Experience Christmas in Chester city centre!
Enjoy Christmas cheer in one of the UK’s most festive cities! Chester city centre is the perfect backdrop for events, gift giving inspiration and jolly tipples with friends.
This year Santa Claus is coming to Chester with his Enchanted Grotto, the Chester Christmas Market returns to Town Hall Square and the city is alive with shops and restaurants you can only find in Chester, plus high street favourites and a huge program of events for all ages.
Chester has long been known for its magnificent parades that have been part of city centre tradition for over 500 years. With a mix of modern and historic elements you won’t want to miss these rather weird and wonderful processions.
- 12 Days of Christmas Parade featuring the roving moon! 25th Nov
- Chester Christmas Market – 18th Nov to 22 Dec
- Festive Bar & Music outside at Storyhouse – 19th Nov to 1st Jan
- Santa’s Enchanted Grotto SOLD OUT – 26th Nov to 24th Dec
- Festive Window Competition – details and voting link coming soon!
- Chester Cathedral Christmas Tree Festival – 27th Nov to 4th Jan
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol – 27th Nov and 8th Dec
- Brunch with Santa at The Refectory Cafe in Chester Cathedral – 28 Nov to 19 Dec and 24 Dec
- Chester Market Hall extended hours – 1st to 24th Dec and be sure to stop by the Lego display with 30 new Christmas scenes to find!
- Bloody X-mas at Sick to Death – 1st to 23rd Dec
- Lanterns Parade – 2nd Dec
- Festive Magic with Santa at The White Horse – 1st to 21st Dec
- Oliver Twist at Storyhouse – 4th Dec to 16th Jan
- Christmas Carols at Chester Cathedral – 4th and 11th Dec
- Festive Cinema at Storyhouse – 4th Dec to 19th Dec
- Christmas Choirs and Music at Storyhouse – 5th Dec to 19th Dec
- Chester Santa Dash – 5th Dec
- Christmas Lunch with Santa at The Secret Garden – 5 Dec, 12 Dec, 19 Dec
- Winter Watch Parade – 9th Dec
- Meet Santa, create keepsakes & have an arty party at Pictura Studios – 11th, 18th and 19th Dec
- Winter Watch & Saturnalia Parade – 16th Dec
- Christmas Crafts at the Grosvenor Museum – 18th Dec
- The Snowman and We’re Going on a Bear Hunt – 18th Dec
- Meet Santa at The Hotel Chester – 18th Dec
- Moonlight Flicks at Carriage Shed – 18th to 22nd Dec
- Christmas with Belle Voci at Chester Cathedral – 20th Dec
Add late night Thursdays to your diary so you can enjoy retail therapy in selected shops, visit the Christmas Market and of course indulge in the Foodie Capital of the Northwest’s incredible food and drink scene. If you’re looking to stretch your legs take a Chester Walking Tour – offered every day including Christmas Day – or a Chester Ghost Tour with extra dates on offer in December.
Plus don’t forget about the Chester Gift Card – the perfect gift giving solution! Spendable in over 100 Chester’s high street locations and online with independent Chester businesses. And take advantage of one of nine FREE Parking days!