Christmas in Chester 2020
November 4, 2020 - January 17, 2021
2020 has been like no other year and we’re all in need of some festive cheer.
The good news – #ChristmasInChester is NOT cancelled!
- A Christmas Carol at Storyhouse – new Christmas show!
- The Chester Gift Card – give the gift of Chester this Christmas! this is a tease, details coming soon
- December Taste Cheshire Markets
- The Tiger Who Came for Tea at Grosvenor Museum
- New food and drink offers
- New shops full of festive fayre and an independent shopping weekend
- City-wide Festive Window Competition
- Lanterns at Chester Zoo
- New look to The Christmas Tree Festival at Chester Cathedral, taking you throughout the Cathedral
- New look to Chester’s Christmas Markets, joining up with the indoor market
- The Snowman Tour has returned to Chester Cathedral with a new seating layout
What’s the Same?
- The city! More than 500 businesses across the city centre can help you to safely sort all your Christmas needs with the backdrop of a beautiful historic city. From famous high street stores to small boutiques, unique independents and a vibrant food and drinks scene, Chester’s got you covered this Christmas.
Current Events Listing Below:*
|Dates||Event and Location|
|2nd Nov – 4th Jan||The Tiger Who Came for Tea exhibition at Grosvenor Museum|
|7th Nov – 17th Jan||A Christmas Carol at Storyhouse|
|12th Nov||Taste Cheshire Market at Chester Cathedral|
|13th Nov – 23rd Dec||Lanterns at Chester Zoo, new later times recently released|
|14th Nov – 14th Dec||Chester’s Festive Window Competition|
|14th – 15th Nov||Taste Cheshire Market at Town Hall Square|
|26th Nov – 22nd Dec||Christmas Market at Town Hall Square linked to Indoor Market|
|26th Nov – 29th Nov||Big Christmas Weekend highlighting independent shopping across the city centre in support of Small Business Saturday|
|28th Nov – 3rd Jan||Christmas Tree Festival at Chester Cathedral|
|21st Dec||The Snowman Tour at Chester Cathedral|
|Nov/Dec||Foodie Fridays and Saturday Socials at Chester Indoor Market|
Traveling to Chester
Did you know you can use the Park & Ride for just £1! Planning a whole day out? Park ALL DAY for just £4.50! Plan your shopping to take advantage of FREE Parking on Sunday 29th Nov and Sunday 27th Dec.
See all car parks, park & ride, public transport timetables and city centre taxi services here.
And if you are traveling into the city by car be aware of the new Clockwise Chester one-way traffic system in place along the ring road.
Watch this space!
More plans are in the works and we will update you as soon as details are confirmed. A new ‘Festive Digital High Street Map’ is also coming soon! Whether you’re planning a visit to Chester or want to remotely access the city’s businesses for all your Christmas shopping, eating and drinking needs – the Digital High Street Map has top tips and ordering links so you can do your part to keep #ChesterTogether this festive season.
*NOTE: the events programme is subject to change should new government guidance be issued. We will update this page as necessary to keep up to date should changes be implemented.
Published 9th October 2020