From 5th January 2021 England will be in lockdown. Chester city centre businesses will continue to support the people of Chester in line with government guidance.
- Parks, open spaces, outdoor play and youth areas will remain open for the purpose of daily exercise. Visitors should follow Government guidance regarding social distancing, follow any signage and wash their hands when they return home. Residents are able to meet outdoors with one person not from their own household for their daily exercise.
- The outdoor gyms located at Westminster Park, Chester and St Anne’s Field in Chester have closed.
- All fixtures and training for indoor and outdoor youth and adult grassroots football will be suspended. (Further information is available on Football Association website). Tennis, golf, bowling and croquet facilities will be closed.
- Public toilets remain open (between 10am and 5pm) in the following locations:
- The Groves, Chester
- Princess Street (near the Market), Chester, these facilities are temporarily closed, there is alternative portable provision located close by, next to the Market
- Grosvenor Park, Chester
- Frodsham Street, Chester
- Tesco Frodsham Square toilets are available for customers
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) remain open but we ask that people only travel there for essential reasons and be patient to ensure distancing can be maintained on sites. A proof of residency will need to be shown to HWRC staff.
- All libraries, including the home and mobile library service, will close. An Order and Collect service will be available from 7 January from selected libraries. For more information or to place an order visit the Order and Collect web page or telephone the libraries during the times shown.
- Car parks operate as normal throughout the city centre with the exception of The Grosvenor Shopping Centre car park which is currently closed.
- Dial West Cheshire Shopmobility is open 9.30-4.30 Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Blue Badge holders can stay in disabled bays for four hours unless the car park advises otherwise. Holders will always have to look at the signs in each car park. If you want to park for free, you need to get a microchip sticker for your badge. Make sure you always display your badge and clock whenever you are parking.
- Taxi services continue to operate with extra safety measures in place, including screens, masks, contactless payment options and extra cleaning.
- Abbey Taxis Tel: 01244 318318
- KingKabs Tel: 01244 343434 – KingKabs will also collect and deliver food orders on request for the normal cost of the taxi fare
- Solicitors, Accountants, Business Consultants, Insurance agents and most professional services within Chester city centre continue to support their clients safely using telephone, live chat, email and online facilities. Use this directory to see a list of Professional Services in Chester.
Mental Health Support
- Cheshire and Wirral Partnership (CWP), has a mental health helpline for residents of Cheshire and Wirral. Open 24 hours a day, seven-days a week, it is open to people of all ages including children and young people who need urgent mental health support. Helpline: 0800 145 6485
- Rethink Cheshire (Chester support group)
Worship / Prayer
- Chester Cathedral services are currently closed. Worship continues to be offered online only, at their official YouTube channel here.
- St Peter’s building and Café at the Cross are closed until the end of lockdown. But, their Sunday services will be live streamed to their Facebook page and they will live stream noonday prayer on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Many of their services and communities continue to gather online. Take a look around their website
- St John’s Parish of Chester
- The Wesley Church Centre will remain closed in January while in National Lockdown.Keep in touch with them via Facebook and by visiting their website. If you would like to be added to their mailing lists to receive weekly updates and Zoom invites please subscribe here. Visit Music @ Wesley webpage for updates there.
- Festival Church is continuing to hold Sunday Services online.
PLEASE NOTE: Check using the links provided for individual details, subject to change. If you are a business who wants to be added, don’t hesitate to get in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org