February half–term is upon us and Chester city centre is chock full of things to do!
From art exhibitions to castle visits, tapestries to theatre shows, cinema experiences to storytelling drag queens, there is something for everyone.
Travelling with teens? Try Chester Cycle Tours, Breakout Chester Escape Rooms, CUPs Coffee and Board Games, The Old Dukes for pool, shuffleboard and even FIFA, Pictura Studios for painting and pottery, and Planet Doughnut to satisfy that sweet tooth.
The young and young at heart are sure to find something that sparks their interest from the handy list below with a mix of FREE and paid experiences.
- Chester Designed by Nature: Spring Bloom – FREE – City-Wide program of art installations and events from 19 Feb – 31 Mar.
- Chester Castle Civil War Open Weekend – FREE – Chester Castle, Saturday 19 Feb.
- Taste Cheshire Farmers Market – Town Hall Square, Saturday 19 Feb.
- Threads Through Time – FREE – Chester Cathedral – open every day.
- Sick to Death – Bridge Street Row, Feb 17-27 open every day. Kids cost just £3.50 and get to make their own love potion.
- Recycled Cityscapes Workshops – FREE – Grosvenor Museum, 22-24 Feb.
- The Nest on Bridge St – FREE – Multiple Workshops and Events from 19-24 Feb for kid
While you’re here be sure to sample the best food and drink offer in the northwest and to pop into our amazing independent retailers. And don’t forget, Chester is a well and truly a dog friendly city so feel free to bring well behaved pooches to these retailers and restaurants.