Celebrate the spookiest time of the year in Chester city centre this October.
Whether you’re after tricks or treats, are fearless or a scaredy-cat, Chester has spooky events and experiences for all. Tour a city with over 2000 years of history (that means ghosts!), get frightened with a film, visit a playground of plague with a smatter of splatter, create creepy keepsakes, join wicked workshops and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Here’s our hair-raising list of frights to be had across the city.
- Chester’s Trick or Treat Trail FREE!
- Coco (PG): Family Film Screening at Grosvenor Museum FREE!
- Pottery & Painting at Pictura Studios Kids, family and adult events
- Wicked Workshops at Grosvenor Museum Kids, FREE and paid
- Addams Family 2 (PG): Cinema at Storyhouse
- Sick to Death Kids
- Scared to Death (age 12+)
- ‘The Nest’ open for five weeks from 23 October hosting a range of creative and reflective events and activities, starting this half-term, for people of all ages to take part in and enjoy – mix of free and low cost, Kids.
- Halloween at The Old Dukes – Kids & Adults
- Chester Ghost Tours
- Cruise Chester – Squid Game Night Adults
- Palm Chester Halloween Week
- Roundtable Charity Quiz Night at Brewhouse & Kitchen
- Heaven in Hell Halloween Party at The Guild Adults
- Geddes + Gioia presents – Theatre of Horrors at Storyhouse. Adults
- Bonobo Bar & Canteen Presents: The Purge Party with Sosa Adults
Plus the colourful festival of Diwali returns to brighten up the city on Sat 23rd October.
And be sure to celebrate Bonfire Night with a bang at The Lord Mayor’s Fireworks Extravaganza 2021 at Chester Racecourse on 6th November.
Sign up to the Experience Chester newsletter and follow @ChesterBID to stay in the know as more events are added.