Perfect ideas for a Father's Day Gift in Chester
Father’s Day is a special occasion that gives us an opportunity to tell our Father figures we love and appreciate them!
Whether that’s Fathers, Grandfathers, Step-fathers or one of the other men we look up to and who has played a significant role in shaping us into the person we are today.
Take a look below where we have left 10 gift ideas to show your appreciation:
1. Are they a hobby enthusiast? Did they used to be? Maybe they’re in need of one? Well, if that hobby is a model trains then Chester Model Centre on Bridge St will put you on the right track to finding a fantastic gift.
2. Create a new memory you can share forever by either watching a performance on stage or even a film in the cinema at Storyhouse such as NT Live: Fleabag written and performed by Phoebe Waller-Bridge.
3. Is food his favourite? Well, be sure to take a look at his favourite restaurants website for a Father’s Day special! With wine specialists, pubs and brewerys, independents and a whole lot more to take a bite out of in Chester City Centre – you could even find his new fave. The newly opened North Light provides a modern bar and dining experience, why not check out their luxurious roast dinner.
4. Now we’re into the book worms! Has he constantly got his head in a book, maybe this is a bond you share… well for the love of books, a great gift would be a new mystery read from the likes of Waterstones or WHSmith. With best sellers and new launches always marked, you can’t go wrong.
5. Have a night in with the family… If you’re looking to stay in the comfort of your own home, Marks and Spencers ‘Dine In’ section holds some great bundles from Gastropub to Pizza Night and even Stir Fry… quick and easy means you just get to spend more time with the family. Find more on Fathers Day at M&S here
6. Is your Father figure the type to not look after their health and well being? Scared to get a pamper maybe… well it’s time to shake off the dust. You can find the perfect scent from the likes of Penhaligons to Boots, restore balance of body and mind with the likes of The Scented Garden Retreat nestled in the rows on Northgate street or heal those hard working hands with a perfect dad hamper from L’occitane En Provence .
7. We have a sentimental one? No problem… there are ample of businesses who can help you find the gift that will last a lifetime from a quality piece of art from Independent Watergate Street Gallery, Artisan Gifts from Partly on St Werburgh St or check out Pyramid Glass for designer glassware and their many brands such as Kosta Boda for him to cherish.
8. We’re going to talk classic gift buying now. Good ol’ clothing. We have a lot to work with here from the type of Dad who wears comfortable and practical clothing to the ones who are stylish and dapper – Then you have the socks and sandals kind of Dad, where we’ll leave that up to you. Chester values style and there are a wardrobe full of places who can hold the perfect loafer such as Loake Shoe Makers, Fat Face and Tessuti
9. Down the hatch with a beer! If you just fancy having a catch up with Dad, then try out a new watering hole. From Brewerys to classic Pubs, Modern Bars and Specialist Tap Rooms. Why not even make it into a Father’s Day pub crawl! That Beer Place, Beer Heroes, Craft and Co, The Coach House Inn and The Pied Bull to mention a few stops.
10. Lastly, does he wear the apron in the family? Is he a boss in the kitchen? Knows the different between mash potatoes and Dauphinoise? This is what we like to call a Chef de Dad and the best gift for them would be a good piece of kitchen equipment. These Father figure would much prefer a new set of non-stick pans over eating out any day. You can find what your looking for from the likes of Lakeland and Wilko.
If your father figure sounds like more than one of the above ideas, or you’re still struggling to get him a gift. Then why not check out the Chester Gift Card?
With more than 125 businesses in the City Centre sign up, you can let him make his own mind up on how to spend the day!
From hospitality venues to retail… experiences and more it’s a great gift (especially for last minute-ers!)